Hydrogen Park – Murray Valley
West Wodonga, Victoria
2021 – Ongoing
- Project Approvals
- Environmental Assessment
- Land Access
- Pipeline Licencing
Australian Gas Infrastructure Group and Engie (AGIG/Engie JV) are developing the Hydrogen Park Murray Valley project (HyP Murray Valley). Located alongside North East Water’s West Wodonga Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWWTP), the 10MW electrolyser would use water from the WWWTP and renewable electricity from AusNet’s electricity distribution network to produce renewable hydrogen.
The renewable hydrogen will be blended with natural gas, at volumes of up to 10% for supply into the existing gas distribution networks across Albury and Wodonga, delivering a cleaner energy future to more than 40,000 business and residential connections. Industrial gas users would also receive the renewable gas blend.
The interconnected nature of the project with the WWWTP and the large market reach makes HyP Murray Valley a first for Australia and a project of global significance.
Attexo’s role in the project has included:
- Development of a land access and approvals strategy
- Route selection and alignment management for a dedicated hydrogen pipeline
- Coordination of environmental assessments including biodiversity, noise and cultural heritage assessments
- Management of all land access activities including negotiation of options for pipeline and electricity easement acquisition
- Delivery of all pipeline licence requirements for both a new 100% hydrogen pipeline and modification of downstream licences to allow for transportation of blended gas.
- Preparation of a Construction Environmental Management Plan
- Liaise with landholders, regulatory bodies and other agencies in conjunction with the above listed activities.
As the first hydrogen gas blending project delivered under Victorian legislation, the project presented a range of regulatory and tenure challenges. Attexo enabled the JV to successfully navigate these requirements and obtain all necessary approvals and land tenure in preparation for a Final Investment Decision in H2 2022.
T.C. Beirne Building
315 Brunswick St, Level 4
Fortitude Valley, Qld, 4006